In this first book (dutch) on ‘drawing and painting animals’ Marjolein Kruijt teaches how to breathe life in a painting, the eyes , capture its character, how to paint fur and finding inspiration. The book shows over 190 drawing and paintings by Marjolein, and talks about:
• her inspiration, the stories behind her paintings.
• Techniques in oil, pastel, watercolor and drawing techniques.
• Composition, lighting your subject, how to draw living animals, with some help by basic sketch techniques and insights.
• Wildlife, dogs en cats: their anatomy, fur, eyes/ears and how to capture their essence.
• Eight demonstrations in pastel, watercolor and oil.
NEW in this 5th print compared to former prints:
*16 pages thicker & new cover
*New chapter on feathers and fur with large images and close-ups
*Two new step by step demonstrations: lambs in oil and fox in acrylics
*Updates material chapter
*New painting technique added: Acrylics
*New drawing technique added: tonal drawing like the old masters
*New 5th basic drawing technique added
*Rewritten text accompanied with some new illustrations
YES! I want this in english! Lucky you, it’s here! Note, the translation is the 3rd NLprint (this page shows the thicker 5th print). Buy the ENGLISH book here. Join the mailinglist to stay posted on ANY translation-news on my other books.